What Is An Automated Answering Service?
It has been predicted that by 2021, 85% of businesses, with frequent high volume calls, will transition to automated customer service. An automated answering service means when customers call they may be greeted by:
- A voicemail
- Front-end automation with operator revert
- IVR (Interactive Voice Response)
Thus the human interaction sought after might be lacking to non-existent depending on the nature of the call. This sort of automation is meant to empower the customer so that they take the steps needed to get the necessary results. Additionally, automation has its benefits for companies using such a method of service.
Automated Answering Service For Small Business
Live operators do offer the opportunity to win over the hearts of the customers. Yet, a small business may find it a daunting task to hire a firm of receptionists to handle their calls. The wide array of services offered as part of the automated answering service packages makes flexibility an option.
Furthermore, the goal of your business is to grow. Therefore you would benefit from utilizing an automated answering service to facilitate:
- Sending pertinent information to multiple clients at once.
- Provide recorded information to customized greetings.
- Transferring of calls to departments or voicemail and so much more.
Benefits Of Using An Automated Answering Service
An automated answering service, although lacking in the human element, can be very beneficial for all parties concerned. Here are a few perks of an automated answering service:
- Reduces the costs associated with having a live receptionist handling all calls. The monthly cost of an automated answering service is far more affordable than a possible $3500 monthly receptionist salary, not including benefits.
- The tone never changes with a recording, regardless of how busy things get during the day. With a live receptionist, you have no control over the tone they will use given the events of their personal day. Automated menus act as the mediator between callers and your employees. Thus ensuring that customers get consistency and connected to the right department for assistance.
- Is an amazing tool for customers who just wish to obtain information and don’t need to speak to anyone to do so. For example, they may simply require their account balance, or the ETA for a product recently purchased.
- Calls are streamed and sent to the corresponding departments. With automated menus and a virtual receptionist, you can organize how your calls are handled and sent to the corresponding departments or employees. You no longer have to miss a call. However, if the customer is unable to reach who they wish to, the service can also capture customer information to facilitate call return.
- Work can be done remotely which is cost-effective for companies with work from home employees. The challenge with this method would be communication. However, with so many networks which facilitate such communication, this is no longer a barrier.
What Is Sales Enablement?
Sales enablement refers to the use of technology to enhance the sales and marketing experience for both your business and the customer. The sales and marketing team are equipped with the tools or technology which they use to create a desirable environment for the sale. Basically, tech sales enablement is an ongoing process which is geared at constantly and effectively engaging the customer throughout their buying journey.
Sales enablement helps to make your sales team more effective by:
- Optimizing content based on detailed SEO research
- Distributing updates about new products and services to the sales team so they are always up to date.
- Training sellers so that they are able to deliver the desired results.
- Providing sales teams with the content necessary for each aspect of the buying cycle.
- Illustrating content in innovative and flexible ways to attract and keep customers engaged.